In our August Division Monthly Highlights (PDF, 970 KB) (http://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/wildlife_pdf/august11hlite.pdf) you can stay up-to-date with the latest wildlife management and research plans, as well as outreach and other efforts occurring in our division.
Highlights in this issue include:
· Feature article on Albany’s Pine Bush Preserve with updates on Karner blue butterflies and prairie warblers;
· 2011 evaluation of New York’s warmwater and coldwater fisheries;
· New universally accessible fishing pier on Great Sacandaga Lake;
· Surveys on mourning doves, brook trout, sea lampreys and more;
· Donation of Canada goose meat to food pantries;
· Collaborative efforts to improve habitat for fish and wild turkeys; and
Fishing programs at DEC campgrounds.